The MotoLizard and what it means.
It has been said that people who talk to therapists, priests, or bar tenders all have the same mental health as people who ride motorbikes. My theory is that this all has to do with the Lizard Brain.
If you look at the evolution of the human brain you will notice the small part at the base is the Amygdala (the lizard brain as lizards and humans inherited it from a fish). On top of the Amygdala is the Limbic system and then Neocortex (Chimp brains). The idea is that when riding a motorbike, you are allowed to regress out of your chimp brain and go full on lizard brain.
The Lizard Brain (Amygdala) assists in breathing, balance, coordination, and simple urges such as feeding, mating, and defense; or as I think of it just a normal bike ride.
– Go for a ride and become one with your inner MotoLizard.
About The MotoLizard
Technically in charge of the website
Riding since age 16
- 2021 BMW R1250 GS Rallye
- Current riding Style: Long Distance Touring and Overlanding
- 2014 BMW R1200 GS (50,000 miles ridden)
- 2018 Ural Gear Up (3,000 miles)
- 2014 CanAm Spyder ST (didn’t look.. not that much)
- 2010 Buell Ulysses XB12X 1,200cc (10,000 miles ridden)
- 2008 Harley Davidson Electra Glide Ultra Classic 96″ ( 30,000 miles ridden)
- 1999 Harley Davidson Softail 80″ Evo (10,000 miles ridden)
- 1990 Kawasaki EX 500
- 1986 Honda Shadow 500
- 1980 Honda Hondamatic 400
or leave comments on Facebook or Twitter pages